Saw this a while ago over on IROCKSOWHAT and had to do it for myself. Just because.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate. No. Egg nog. With whipped cream and nutmeg.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He leaves both. In an ever-so-pretty way, he will set up some on display, wrap some, and stuff the stockings! Such a creative, stylish, crafty man! ;)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? A mix. We do colored outside and usually a mix of both on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. Always wanted to, just haven't paid the $1.99 for a little package in line at the grocery store.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The. Day. After. Thanksgiving. Right after getting home from Black Friday shopping (yes, I participate!)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My hub's mashed yams. Yum!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Playing in the snow. Sledding. Making snowmen. One year, Santa came early and I got a bike and a bulletin board (before Christmas!).
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember this. I think I just kind of figured it out. Such a traumatic experience I've repressed it, I guess! :) Even though we know the "truth" about Santa, my family still practices the tradition. It's just a nice feeling. :)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Usually no.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Growing up, we used a bunch of Hallmark ornaments. My grandma would send us each a new one every year. Now that I have my own Christmas tree, we decorate it with ribbon, balls, lights, at other mix-and-matchy ornaments. No Hallmark ones (hubby isn't too fond of them).
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!
12. Can you ice skate? Umm... yes?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've pretty much always liked all of my gifts. :)
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family. Food. The mood. It is the one time of year everyone seems happier. Nicer. More pleasant.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I love them all!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Santa. Family get-togethers. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
17. What tops your tree? A University of Washington Santa hat (at least for the past three years that's been our topper).
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. I love the choosing and (even more so the wrapping - I think I have an addiction!) of gifts. I love watching Dustin get excited and open each of his presents.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum! But they have to be the traditional peppermint ones. I don't like anything else.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Oh goodness me... umm..... all of them?!
21. Saddest Christmas Song? "Christmas Shoes" by Bob Carlisle
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Uh..... all of them?!